2022 Meeting Notes
Agenda Feb 2, 2022: Meeting of the Highland Heights Green Task Force
Speaker: Repeat Glass Co., Jamie Arnol
- We are financially in good standing.
- Paid members – 51. Ended 2021 with 61
- Scholarship Donations = $680.00 ($500 from the Lorenz family)
- SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT FOR 2022: $1500. This got the vote
- Alkaline Battery Recycling Cancelled due to a fire at some smelting facility..so then Bulldog Battery requires batteries to be taped…took 3 of us 3 hrs to tape what we had at City Hall. I then delivered 27 lbs at a cost of $20.25.
- Prescription bottles - new member Carol Mulhern….her church Mayfield Methodist in Chesterland gets them to Matthew 25 Ministries in Cincinnati who then delivers them overseas.
- The website is being redesigned by Tri-C students. Will let everyone know when it goes live
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR FREECYCLE/E-WASTE DRIVE, Sunday June 26…two shifts..will send out the sign-up sheet by email
TENTATIVE 2022 CALENDAR
HHGTF Calendar of Events 2022 Campaign: CLIMATE CHANGE and WHAT WE CAN DO
- Jan 5: No meeting
- Feb 2: Community Center - Topic: GLASS RECYCLING, Presenter: Jamie Arnold, Owner: Repeat Glass Company
- Mar 2: Comm Center or Zoom, Bi-Annual HHGTF Business meeting
- April ?: Community Clean-up Day, Date to be determined, details will be sent via email, Sat., 4/23 probably